Mum, Dad & Baby Time
Our calm fathers workshop aims to build confidence of fathers with their babies. We show them how to read their babies cues, soothe them and care for them using the art of baby massage. We want to empower fathers and show them that they too have a unique understanding and bond with their baby, and that they can comfort their babies just as effectively as mum.
Taj teaches this workshop and grew up with baby massage, she trained in 2016 as a baby massage teacher. Having had a baby herself her workshops are simplistic and help sleep-deprived parents learn and retain information quickly. There is no need to take notes the workshops come with notes that you can save in Whats App, we do everything we can to make things easy.
Meanwhile mum is in the experts hands of Diane.
Positive effects of baby massage
Babies who are regularly massaged experience a deep well-being, which has a positive influence on the development of their body feeling. In our session, fathers learn massage techniques that help children to rest and sleep well, because the child's body releases relaxing hormones through the massage. The massage stimulates blood circulation, deepens breathing, stimulate digestion and reduces flatulence and colic. For fathers the benefits are confidence, bonding and feeling empowered to care, comfort and soother their babies
When Taj and Diane became mothers they found such an offer was missing. There was plenty on offer for mums to bond with their new born babies, but they were looking to send their other half’s off while ideally they get the soothing hands they need to recharge their energies.
Only when mothers are looked after, can we look after our beloved ones.
Therefore, we invite both parents to come along to an ultimate “feel good” experience.
Not only does your baby gets pampered and is being looked after, mum is treated to a massage in the room next door.
For your baby
* Helping your baby to feel securely attached
* Helping your baby to feel more loved, valued and respected
* Reduced crying and emotional distress
* Increased levels of relaxation and longer sleep
* Development of body awareness and coordination
* Relief from wind, colic, constipation and teething discomfort
* Feeling closer to your baby
* Gaining a deeper understanding of your baby's behavior, crying and body language
* Providing an enjoyable opportunity for you to spend one-to-one time with your baby
* Feeling the relaxing effects of giving your baby a massage
* Increased confidence in your ability to care for and nurture your baby
* Learning a life-long parenting skill